Best Free Podcast Courses for 2022
Trying to find answers to your podcasting questions can be frustrating and time-consuming, but a good podcast course consolidates all the information you need into one convenient place.
This guide lists the best free and paid podcasting courses to help you launch and market your new podcast, learn about tech, and monetize your content!
JUMP TO A SECTION:
Best free podcasting courses for beginners
Buzzsprout’s free online video course walks you through everything you need to launch your first podcast successfully.
This step-by-step guide features a comprehensive breakdown of the eight steps to launching a podcast.
The modules answer questions like:
- how to record with multiple people
- how to submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- which microphone is best for podcasting
- how to get your first 100 listeners
Sign up here to get started!
In this nine-episode serial podcast, we walk listeners through every step of a successful podcast launch.
Episode topics include:
- practical audio editing tips
- how to record a podcast
- how to pick a name and niche
- how to make your podcast stand out
This free course helps you get all your podcasting bases covered so you can start off strong from your first episode.
Veteran podcaster Pat Flynn (from Smart Passive Income) created this free guide to help creators efficiently launch a new podcast.
It’s an excellent course for beginners and addresses how to:
- choose a podcast topic
- write a compelling podcast description
- decide on a format
- create podcast artwork
Pat also breaks down common myths about starting a podcast, so you can launch with confidence.
Ross Winn from Podcast Insights started this 10-day course to help simplify starting a podcast and making it successful.
This course covers everything from getting listed in Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes) to monetizing your content through online courses and social media.
The course features a minimalist format and breaks down things like:
- how to pick a topic
- what equipment you need
- how to come up with episode ideas
- how to submit to Apple and Spotify
- how to launch your podcast
Podcaster Krystal Proffitt created this free, five-day video course to take podcasters through the fundamentals of successfully starting, launching, and marketing a podcast.
The courses topics include:
- Day 1: How to Start a Podcast
- Day 2: How to Plan Content and Stay Consistent
- Day 3: How to Record Your Podcast
- Day 4: How to Launch a Podcast
- Day 5: How to Market a Podcast
It also includes a crash course in equipment and advice on how to stay consistent. Each video is delivered over five days so viewers can focus on one topic at a time.
This free, 5-hour course guides first-time podcasters on the basics, including how to get 100 listeners in 28 days.
The host, Mark, also offers live Q&A during office hours to answer members’ questions.
Members will learn how to:
- overcome imposter syndrome
- understand podcast tech
- launch a simple, clear podcast plan
This beginner podcast class covers all the podcasting fundamentals with modules for each step of the process.
The course answers common questions like:
- how do I edit my podcast with Audacity?
- how do I write compelling show notes?
- how do I market my new show?
The course is video-driven and runs for an hour and 25 minutes.
Course teacher Garrick Chow walks podcasters through how to use the editing software to turn raw content into an engaging episode.
The course goes step-by-step to create podcast episodes with high-quality audio. It also explains how to add music and effects and publish your content to hosting sites.
This course is free for one month with a LinkedIn account.
Best paid podcast courses
Paid podcasting courses tend to take a deeper dive into more advanced content. Here are some of our favorites.
CEO of The Podcast Host, Collin Gray, teaches new podcasters how to set up a show and how to deal with inevitable failures along the way.
This course includes in-depth lessons and tutorials on how to:
- plan and strategize for success
- record and edit efficiently
- publish and promote your new show
The Podcast Host Collin Gray created The Podcast Academy as a resource full of valuable information for podcasters of all levels.
Pat Flynn focuses on the launch and the marketing behind it. He helps podcasters create shows that garner subscriptions and a loyal following.
Power-Up Podcasting takes a deep dive into:
- the how and why of podcasting
- the technical side of podcasting
- how to set up your website and show notes
- how to launch your podcast with a bang
The course comes with a money-back guarantee, office hours with Pat, and access to an exclusive community of podcasters.
This podcast masterclass is led by instructors Phil Ebiner and Ravinder Deol and features modern digital marketing techniques to help grow your business through podcasting.
You’ll learn how to:
- edit your podcast
- monetize through sponsorships and affiliates
- get more monthly downloads
Proffitt podcasting is a complete step-by-step program for entrepreneurs who want to learn how to start, launch, and market a podcast confidently.
This course is a roadmap to help you take your own podcast from an idea to a content-producing machine. The course covers:
- the fundamentals of planning your podcast launch
- how to record and edit episodes
- how to grow and monetize your show
Proffitt Podcasting has a money-back guarantee, lifetime access, and weekly office hours in a private, student-only online community.
Mike Russel is an expert audio engineer who created this course to help podcasters produce stand-out episodes with efficiency.
The course is divided into 10 stages where you’ll learn:
- 10 methods to make a podcast sound great
- the best hardware and software options
- podcast recording and audio production techniques
- how to fix bad audio
- voiceover tips
- how to master your audio
Pro podcaster Lewis Howes created this course on CreativeLive to help podcasters start a podcast and grow a profitable brand.
The course covers topics like:
- how to differentiate your podcast
- promoting and marketing
- monetization options
- how to sell products and connect with customers
This online class contains downloadable course materials, and lifetime access and comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Price: Currently $19.99
Owner of Music Radio Collective, Mike Russel, created this course to break down Adobe Audition for all skill levels.
Adobe Audition is an excellent tool for producing podcasts but has a steep learning curve. This course is a great investment for beginner and expert users.
Other podcasting resources:
- Podcast Movement: Podcast Launch Challenge. Podcast Movement offers a free challenge to new podcasters to get their show up and running in four weeks. Members report their progress throughout the course to a private online community where they can enter to win one of four prizes.
- Podcast Journal: Step-by-Step Workbook. John Lee Dumas created this journal to walk podcasters through their launch with pen and paper. The journal has prompts and step-by-step instructions to help new podcasters launch their course in 50 days or less. You can pick up a copy on Amazon.
How do I learn podcasting?
To start a podcast, follow these steps:
- Develop a podcast concept
- Choose your podcast format
- Setup podcast recording equipment
- Choose your podcast software
- Record your first episode
- Edit your audio
- Create podcast artwork
- Set up podcast in Buzzsprout
- Get listed in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify
- Launch and grow your show
How much is a podcast course?
Podcast courses can be free or paid, and the amount varies based on how in-depth the material is. A free course is more than enough for most beginners to learn everything they need to launch their show.
What skills do podcasters need?
Podcasters need to be curious and passionate about their podcast topic. Podcasters also need to have good speaking skills, a basic knowledge of podcasting tech, and the discipline to create high-quality episodes consistently.
Can you make a career out of podcasting?
It is possible to make podcasting a full-time career, but it’s the exception and requires a lot of dedication, time, and a large audience to make it happen. It’s best to focus on making high-quality content and then monetize your podcast when you’ve built trust with your listeners.