Rex Orange County Has Sexual Assault Charges Dismissed

Written by on December 22, 2022


A London court has dismissed six charges of sexual assault filed against Rex Orange County earlier this year, BBC News reports. The British singer-songwriter had denied a woman’s allegations of unwanted touching. In a statement today, he said independent evidence including CCTV footage and a witness account had failed to support the allegations. The Crown Prosecution service told the BBC that the evidence no longer met its test for prosecution.

“I have never assaulted anyone and I do not condone violence or abusive behaviour of any kind,” Rex Orange County’s statement reads, in part. “It’s been a difficult time for everyone involved and I’d like to thank the people who have helped me through it as well as my family and loved ones for their continued support.”

Prior to the dismissal, Rex Orange County had been due to stand trial in January.


If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual assault, we encourage you to reach out for support:

RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline
http://www.rainn.org
1 800 656 HOPE (4673)

Crisis Text Line
SMS: Text “HELLO” or “HOLA” to 741-741



Source link


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



[There are no radio stations in the database]